Skip to main content

Creamy Potato Soup


Recipe History: The original recipe came from Taste of Home magazine. This is probably a modified version of it as I have made it so many times without following a recipe.


Ingredients:




  • Potatoes

  • Carrots

  • Celery

  • Onions

  • Water



For Creamy Sauce:


  • Butter, 1/2 stick

  • 2 or 3 TBS, Flour

  • Salt & Pepper

  • 2 Cups Milk


Directions:

I can't give you measurements or amounts because I make a big pot. I just start chopping the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions; throw it in the pot to see if it fits, adjust accordingly. Fill pot with water and cook until the vegetables are done.

When you drain the water out of the pot, you need to save the broth. I put a large bowl or another large pot in the sink, put the strainer in that and then drain the vegetables in the strainer.

Bring the pot back to the stove and melt your butter and onions until the onions are tender. Be careful that you don't burn the butter. For a stockpot, I use a whole stick of butter. For a dutch oven, I use a half a stick of butter. Combine the flour, salt and pepper. I usually, just throw flour in a small bowl and dump a generous portion of salt and pepper in. Sprinkle the flour mixture into the butter and onion mixture until it's slightly thickened.

Pour the 2 cups of milk into the flour mixture and cook until slightly, thickened. Put vegetables back in the pot and coat them with the flour and milk mixture. Then slowly add the broth until you cover the vegetables and a little bit more. I have never used all the broth yet.

Serve with bread and have salt and pepper on hand. Enjoy!! We sure do.


Addition Ideas: Put in diced ham or mixed frozen vegetables after you put the broth back in. If you need more broth then you will have it.

Comments

This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!
! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Many thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Face Wash

Why have I not ever heard of this before? I have acne prone skin. Had it every since I was 9. I've tried every freaking acne face wash there is and nothing has ever worked. So, here I am in my 40s and finally my skin looks good. For three weeks now. I love it! No acne. No dryness. Smooth and healthy complexion. I really do look younger. So what is this? I don't know if I dare say. I mean why would I want others to look good too. lol. Oh, well....here it is:


castor oil and olive oil
What!! Why would you put more oil on your face to help with oily skin, you say. I thought it was gross too. But since I have tried everything anyway, I gave it a shot. And I was sold on the first "washing".

I found this on a blog that I follow: Simple Organized Living. I think I found the blog on Pinterest. You find so many neat things on that site that you might otherwise never have found. On Simple Organized Living, the oil cleansing method was linked and referenced too.

Go ahead and re…

My Little Girls Birthday!

Today is my oldest child's birthday. She is 26 years old. Not a little girl anymore. Although, she will always by a little girl to me. She has a lovely disposition and it amazes me how she turned out that way having the parents that she has. We are anything but lovely. lol. I am looking forward to watching her grow even more into the woman she will become. I love you, Patricia Marie O'Donnell, with all my heart!!

Thank You, Hubby!

As I was reading my posts in FB this morning, I ran across a link about dads and I was thankful that I have the husband that I have. The link was to a blog post, titled, Calling all Dads, from the blog, Dad Revolution. The post was about how the government census classifies dads and how society still thinks of dads as babysitters.

I am thankful that my husband has changed plenty of diapers for all four of our kids. He has made bottles, gave them baths, walked the floors with them. He cooks, does dishes, and picks the house up. He will do laundry also. He does have many faults, but, all in all, I choose to put up with them in order to experience all the goodness that I do get. Also, now that the kids are adults, they have a great relationship with their dad still.

Now we have 6 grandchildren and they all love him dearly. He gives them plenty of attention, kisses and hugs, and shares his coffee with them. Also, when I watch the kids for my daughters, I can count on him to help me take c…