Skip to main content

Thank You, Hubby!

As I was reading my posts in FB this morning, I ran across a link about dads and I was thankful that I have the husband that I have. The link was to a blog post, titled, Calling all Dads, from the blog, Dad Revolution. The post was about how the government census classifies dads and how society still thinks of dads as babysitters.

I am thankful that my husband has changed plenty of diapers for all four of our kids. He has made bottles, gave them baths, walked the floors with them. He cooks, does dishes, and picks the house up. He will do laundry also. He does have many faults, but, all in all, I choose to put up with them in order to experience all the goodness that I do get. Also, now that the kids are adults, they have a great relationship with their dad still.

Now we have 6 grandchildren and they all love him dearly. He gives them plenty of attention, kisses and hugs, and shares his coffee with them. Also, when I watch the kids for my daughters, I can count on him to help me take care of them.

Thank you, husband!!

null






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandparenthood - What They Don't Tell You

Being a grandparent is great. I love it! But there is another side. A side that is never talked about. I am not the only one who feels this way. I ask other grandparents and they agree. When I had my 4 children, I NEVER worried so damn much about them as I do my grandchildren. I don't know why that is. Or at least I didn't until yesterday. I have a theory anyway. Will talk about that in a moment. First, I want to tell you that it's my 2 daughters that are giving me these grand kids. My oldest granddaughter is 2 1/2 years old AND I have 4 granddaughters. YES, I REPEAT I HAVE 4 GRANDDAUGHTERS 2 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGER!!! Now what is the problem with this? Well, since it's my daughters, I am worried and scared to pieces for them the whole 9 months and have to listen to them complain about everything that is wrong with them. I try to tell them things are normal, blah, blah, blah. But in my mind, I'm thinking maybe something is seriously wrong and it's my fault for t

My First Wallet

I signed up for a craft exchange hosted by Craftaholics Anonymous . This is my 3rd summer participating. I choose this small organizing wallet to make for my partner.  This is the first wallet I have made and I think it turned out well. I follow a blog called Sew Can She . They have many cool craft tutorials featuring different tutorials from other blogs. So, the pattern actually came from LBG Studio . Next time, I will know what I'm doing and will make a few changes.  Front view. Open view Back view Inside Left. Inside Right. The right pocket is just big enough to put a small memo pad in. Also the left side holds cards or whatever you would like. I think it's a really neat thing to have in your purse. One always needs paper for something and extra room for do-dads. Also, kids would love this. I'm going to make some more for the granddaughters.

Confused!

I am feeling like a rotten grandmother but I do need a rest. I deal with babies all day long and to get away I have to go to my room. So, my daughter deals with it ALL day; but SHE had the 2 kids; it's her job. I did my time with 4 of my own. I would like to be a real grandmother and just see the kids for a couple of hours; spoil them to death and leave. Why can't it be like that? Am I wrong? Selfish? Maybe? But, today I refused to watch the 3 month old tonight. I dealt with Katie all day long. She is attached to me at the hip. I love her to pieces but am tired. I try to give all 3 attention but it's hard. And my daughter thinks that I am neglecting her kids in favor of Katie. It might seem that way but she loves me to pieces and I her and we are very attuned to each other. She doesn't want anyone but me. Kendra just wants a quick kiss and hug and to be on her way. The 3 month old, I try to pay more attention to now but it's hard with Katie crying because she is n