Monday, June 13, 2011

Crazy Noisy Day

So, I thought today was going to be a quite day at home and no work. But, while checking Facebook, I learned that my two daughters were planning on coming to my house with their kids in tow. Hmmm. I don't recall anyone asking me about this. Well, anyway they weren't here yet, so I went about my business and housework chores and made my homemade cleaning products. Then, me and hubby went off to the nursery to buy a few plants for the garden. Yes, I know we are late; but, whatever! We can't live by the rules of society or mother nature.

So, we got some tomatoes, green peppers, cabbage (why hubby picked this, I don't know. I don't make cabbage), cucumbers, and strawberries. Also, I got a few herbs: chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and lavender. I had to get some herbs in seed form as they didn't have them already started. But, I plan on planting my herbs in window boxes and bring them inside when the season ends and re potting them. Now, all I want is lettuce and some marigolds. I plan on planting a bunch of marigolds and drying them out and making my own salve. Yes, I know I'm strange.

So, after all this the rest of the family came including my mother and chaos ensued. And all my housekeeping efforts were for nothing. I made a simple supper for all to enjoy and then they all left. And then I quietly, cleaned again. And now, I'm relaxing with wine. A new thing with me starting today.

But, anyway, the kids are exhausting. But, I still enjoy them calling out to me, "Grandma, Grandma, look at me!" And fighting over my lap and attention.

No comments: