Skip to main content

Kaelynn at 4 Months

Our "KK" turned 4 months old on the 26th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandparenthood - What They Don't Tell You

Being a grandparent is great. I love it! But there is another side. A side that is never talked about. I am not the only one who feels this way. I ask other grandparents and they agree. When I had my 4 children, I NEVER worried so damn much about them as I do my grandchildren. I don't know why that is. Or at least I didn't until yesterday. I have a theory anyway. Will talk about that in a moment. First, I want to tell you that it's my 2 daughters that are giving me these grand kids. My oldest granddaughter is 2 1/2 years old AND I have 4 granddaughters. YES, I REPEAT I HAVE 4 GRANDDAUGHTERS 2 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGER!!! Now what is the problem with this? Well, since it's my daughters, I am worried and scared to pieces for them the whole 9 months and have to listen to them complain about everything that is wrong with them. I try to tell them things are normal, blah, blah, blah. But in my mind, I'm thinking maybe something is seriously wrong and it's my fault for t

My First Wallet

I signed up for a craft exchange hosted by Craftaholics Anonymous . This is my 3rd summer participating. I choose this small organizing wallet to make for my partner.  This is the first wallet I have made and I think it turned out well. I follow a blog called Sew Can She . They have many cool craft tutorials featuring different tutorials from other blogs. So, the pattern actually came from LBG Studio . Next time, I will know what I'm doing and will make a few changes.  Front view. Open view Back view Inside Left. Inside Right. The right pocket is just big enough to put a small memo pad in. Also the left side holds cards or whatever you would like. I think it's a really neat thing to have in your purse. One always needs paper for something and extra room for do-dads. Also, kids would love this. I'm going to make some more for the granddaughters.

Confused!

I am feeling like a rotten grandmother but I do need a rest. I deal with babies all day long and to get away I have to go to my room. So, my daughter deals with it ALL day; but SHE had the 2 kids; it's her job. I did my time with 4 of my own. I would like to be a real grandmother and just see the kids for a couple of hours; spoil them to death and leave. Why can't it be like that? Am I wrong? Selfish? Maybe? But, today I refused to watch the 3 month old tonight. I dealt with Katie all day long. She is attached to me at the hip. I love her to pieces but am tired. I try to give all 3 attention but it's hard. And my daughter thinks that I am neglecting her kids in favor of Katie. It might seem that way but she loves me to pieces and I her and we are very attuned to each other. She doesn't want anyone but me. Kendra just wants a quick kiss and hug and to be on her way. The 3 month old, I try to pay more attention to now but it's hard with Katie crying because she is n